Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Batiansila Origins

One thing I was never able to express well at the other site was where things started. And by started, I mean, where did Dad learn his islander lingo? Why the propensity to running around naked (I'll ask mom for those Charis pictures)?

Bat was able to visit with his cousin Vicente before his death. Vicente explained that Batiansila is actually a misspelling of the name Batiancila. The Batiancilas all originated from Bantayan, Cebu, the Philippines.

I think it'd be fun to walk around there, although I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Maybe someone who could also explain the fertility thing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Hi i'm a batiancila.. my father was born in bantayan island, cebu philippines. but i don't know where batiancila originates on what country?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails