Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Renaissance Man From Wausau


I have a bottle of vanilla on my counter. It is, to carry on the longstanding Du adjective, "special" so I don't use it for the ordinary things. Just special desserts and breakfasts. It was made by my brother-in-law Jim.

Jim's the only guy I know who can play the guitar and sew a quilt, change your brakes or make you vanilla. At the last big family gathering, Jim made seafood poboys for the whole crew. It wasn't just that they tasted great. The smell of that fried seafood filled the room. Made you want to put a little extra shake of Tabasco on them.

Jim and Renee live in Wausau with their boys now, and the last time I spoke to Renee she indicated they were in the midst of football season, and swamped. But I hope all that business up there doesn't keep the guy from creating. Might be the one thing he and his Heavenly Father have most in common.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails