Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

PRAYERS ANSWERED: SELAH'S HEALTH


Thank you all for your prayers for Selah and our family through the past days and weeks. For those of you who missed the craziness, Selah had a seizure on June 4 which resulted in a 911 call and all kinds of tests.

Later in the summer, Selah's doctor indicated that her EEG showed she had a tendency to seizures. This further perplexed and worried her dad and her family.

On Monday, September 17, I met with Selah's doctor. He kind of looked like Ben Stein and Mr. Rogers crossed. The doctor began our session with these words: "I have nothing but good news for you."

He went on to explain that Selah had what he called "Benign Focal Seizures (or Epilepsy) of Childhood". He said it didn't qualify as Epilepsy because it was just one seizure, and that she may never have a seizure again. Selah should grow out of her condition by pre-adolescence.

As I left, he gave me some information referring to this. So I guess it's the same thing? All I know is I'm grateful and thankful that God answered my - our - prayers in this way. He'd still be merciful God with other answers. But He and I saw eye to eye on this one. Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails