Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zoe Means Life At St. Paul's




8:30 came early Sunday morning. Zoe had finally fallen asleep at 7. I made some coffee and looked back in the room at the snoring mom and bean. Maybe I'll just get the boys ready and go with the big kids.

Then I heard Jen staggering out of the bedroom, her MOMBRAIN 2000 whirring into imperfect motion. She began giving orders about people's clothes and shoes and who should get some bottles...

We made it to church at 9:33, making the tail end of one of the pre-service anthems. Pastor Navurskis tapped me on the shoulder. "Can I talk to you a minute?," he asked, "the Spirit is moving me to ask you something..."

I followed him out and he asked me if I would bring Zoe up during the sermon. It was Life Sunday, he explained, and he had seen Zoe's big blues catch his eyes as he peeked into the sanctuary.

Of course. If I can tell anyone about Zoe and Trisomy 18 and Life...let me at 'em. We ended up sharing a bit of a story at the 9:30, the 10:45 and the 7 on Monday night.

1 Corinthians 2:9

9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails