Pages

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

WAIT

My friend is running around, obviously stressed, her voice firm but over controlled, too busy to make eye contact. Too much to do. And the event she's organizing looms. I figured I'd bust out a little Scripture on her, drop some God knowledge on her to lift her, as God does.

I went to Biblegateway.com and typed in a keyword search of "wait on the Lord." I wanted that one verse about the wings of the eagles.

I got 31 hits and none of them were the eagles verse. (It's "hope in the Lord" in the eagles verse, and that's Isaiah 40:31)

31 times in a simple search. Wait. Wait. Here's Psalm 5:3: " In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

Two little (obvious) thoughts: David wrote a lot about waiting. I hope that's because it was as hard on him as it was on me. I always feel like I'm waiting on people. On events. On things. On feelings. I have to admit that I feel less like I'm waiting on the Lord than things I see. My boss. The next paycheck.

The other thought is waiting in expectation. Knowing that God answers. Knowing His sovereignty. Knowing that He hears me. Knowing He's real. And He's really telling me to wait.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I think I needed this today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also needed this today. One of the most difficult things for me to do is wait when I want something I feel is in line with "God's plan"...but only he ultimately knows his plan. I need to learn to wait with the best of them.

    I had a dream about Zoe a few nights ago...I think about my little former patient often!

    She's proving that she is indeed full of life and faith...a perfect match to your family. You are her blessing and she is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Hello!
    I don't even know how I happened on your blog--well yes I do--it was Gods providential guidance thats for sure--but internet wise I don't recall. Anyway, I hope you don't find this odd, or intrusive, but I do believe that your blog was happened upon for a reason, which is why I wanted you to know that we will carry your Zoe and your family prayerfully through my husbands next race. This will make much more sense if you visit our website www.ironmanforkids.com. Just wanted to thank you for your zeal for life and faith, and Zoes beautiful witness in a world that needs such beauty and Christs powerful love glowing thru her.
    God bless you,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good wisdom here. In the "waiting" times in my life, "Be still and know that I am God" always comes through loud and clear for me. This one can be tough, but He is so faithful in working out His plan for our lives. I think Zoe has it down. She waits on Him every day (and on you guys too, of course):)She is Gods hope example to me.

    Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails