Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 210

Zoe is lying on the bed looking at her hands. We had a long night, but the days look like this. Zoe awake, pretty at ease.

I haven't seen her much the past days, outside of hearing her snore as I'm leaving in the morning.

Tonight a bunch of friends are doing another remarkable thing for Zoe - an incredible auction at an amazing house. I'm humbled and amazed. I know my friend Mipps wrote in his evite that Zoe would be at the event. It scared me a little because we just haven't talked like that. After 30 weeks of life, can we now? Could I tell you she'll have her first Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Thanks to you all for your wonderful supportive comments. Ironman wrote to tell me to hold out my hand while sinking and call out for the Master's help. With friends like all of you who have reached out hands of kindness, care and even prayer and financial support, I see so many hand extended, all in love.

After The Last Tear Falls
by Andrew Peterson

After the last tear falls
After the last secret's told
After the last bullet tears through flesh and bone
After the last child starves
And the last girl walks the boulevard
After the last year that's just too hard

There is love
Love, love, love
There is love
Love, love, love
There is love

After the last disgrace
After the last lie to save some face
After the last brutal jab from a poison tongue
After the last dirty politician
After the last meal down at the mission
After the last lonely night in prison

There is love
Love, love, love
There is love
Love, love, love
There is love

And in the end, the end is
Oceans and oceans
Of love and love again
We'll see how the tears that have fallen
Were caught in the palms
Of the Giver of love and the Lover of all
And we'll look back on these tears as old tales

'Cause after the last plan fails
After the last siren wails
After the last young husband sails off to join the war
After the last "this marriage is over"
After the last young girl's innocence is stolen
After the last years of silence that won't let a heart open

There is love
Love, love, love
There is love

And in the end, the end is
Oceans and oceans
Of love and love again
We'll see how the tears that have fallen
Were caught in the palms
Of the Giver of love and the Lover of all
And we'll look back on these tears as old tales


'Cause after the last tear falls
There is love

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys, i just got back from Tasmania after flying down there to meat my brand new(healthy)baby nephew Alexander!

    I would just like you to whisper a little thank you in Zoe's ear from me, because of your beautiful little girl, i have seen how important it is to not take anything for granted so i dropped every thing flew down on the next avaliable flight(Instead of waiting the 2 weeks until i am supose to be going down there) and held him and kissed him within his first full day of life and now I have beautiful pictures of his first day to cherish for ever!

    When i look at my favorate pictures of me holding Alexander i think to myself Zoe made this memory happen for me!

    THANK YOU ZOE xxxx

    :0) Barb Melb.Aust

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails