Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Playing Life Hurt

Kellen asked me a few days ago if I thought it was alright if he tried playing the JV game on Tuesday. He's limping but if he wants to try and play, I say go for it.

This is life. We play hurt. I'm sitting in a shoot and thinking of the appointment I just had with Zoe's heart doctor and I wish I had a few moments to think my way through it.

Your Favorite Baseball Player Chris Sampson signed over a hundred autographs with a full cast on his arm to raise money for Zoe Means Life.

Ironman's knee is painful. He'll just keep running those marathons and riding the 100 plus miles and swimming over 2 miles.

Zoe...well Zoe's doing more than surviving. She's breathing and eating and begging for affection. Playing. Smiling. A remarkable, beautiful life growing in - in spite of - this broken world. We play hurt. This is life.

2 comments:

  1. playing and living through the hurt helps us to enjoy and value the non hurting moments :0)Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Anxious to hear how the meeting went....angie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails