Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Heavenly

On Saturday evening, a few of my friends held a benefit for Zoe at a ridiculously beautiful house in Milwaukee.

The house was like the night which was like my life. You think you had it sized up, and then you turn a corner, and realize there's another room, not like any of the previous rooms you've seen. And it was decorated in a different style than the others. And populated by different people.

So while Josh played from one room, I met people I would never have met who before this event never had heard of Trisomy 18. And, some ridiculously open-hearted people who I see all the time, giving of themselves all night to make sure all of the activities went well.

I have to admit I didn't walk through the room where all the different items were shown for silent auction. I'm not quite at a point of peace and humility with the goodness of God or my friends. But I was surprised and pleased to find people wanted to talk about Zoe and Trisomy and our battle.

Zoe was all dressed up and made it through most of the night. She likes lights, and there were so many different lights and candles, no matter what room. I'm sure it was heavenly for her.

And for me. A disparate group of people joined together in one place because of one person, one cause. Some of the kindest, most outgoing love I've ever seen or experienced being exhibited from the hearts of so many people.

God has been telling me that He will show me what He can do. In Zoe, in my life, in events like this. I think we think of God in terms of lightning bolts and thunder. But God's more of an artist than that.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Thank you for the description of the evening. Wow. What a night. What wonderful people.

    Zoe is doing amazing things.

    Barb (Annie's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Greg, I'm so thankful that you all had Saturday night. My heart is so full of emotions/thoughts and prayers for you all, I feel like I cannot do it justice in this blog. God is the most incredible, unspeakably limitless artist indeed. His ways, His love, His art - all so far beyond us. And yet, He lets us experience such beauty and love. Thank you, thank you God for the gift of Zoe and all her brilliance in Your Light. Please let her continue to be a sign of You and all that You are to so many in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh greg.. what a great night.. a fabulous night.. im sure everyone was overwhelmed and in pure awe..

    im a lil jealous i could not be there.. but completely greatful to all that where there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to post pictures of the night? Would love to see some. Sounds like it was an incredible night filled with incredible people. Thank you Lord for Zoe, her family, and everyone that is reaching out to them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails