Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Keep Praying

Zoe's had a rougher last few days.

One trait she has had for months is a reflex to lift and then pound her head into you as she is held. I'm sure it's not voluntary and before, it wasn't much of a negative, but as she grows, she has an even greater ability to forcefully drive her head into you.

Lately, she's been awake a lot at night. More than usual, and when she's been awake it's been an extremely fidgety and uncomfortable time for her. She squirms and writhes and just can't sit still. She can't put her little head down for very long. And because she's related to me, she has almost unlimited energy to squirm and writhe and drive her head into you and cry and holler at you.

I'm being careful to avoid saying she's hurting. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if she's just got uncontrollable movement or is restless and can't settle. I don't know if she has acid reflux or what is making her so unhappy when she's awake. But it's been a while since she's been able to sit and do her usual - observe the world with her enormous eyes.

Right now, she's sleeping on my chest wrapped in a blanket. At peace. Breathing well. So lift her up in prayer as she fights for another minute or day or whatever she's given.

6 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray for Zoe! Has she been diagnosed with GI reflux? That is what they alway told me about Annabel and the head or arching back and then forward again. It can increase at night even when she is elevated. I am sure you already know this, but will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she feels better soon, and you guys get some rest! - still thinking of you all daily ;0) Barb, Melb.Aust

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is being lifted right now in prayer.

    May the Lord's peace be with Zoe, you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is heavy. Many prayers for you baby Zoe. May God continue to watch over you and carry you and your family through another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Dearest Zoe - May you feel the peace and warmth of God cradling you. I want to reach into that beautiful birthday picture and hold you. May the same tender love He brings to you every day be felt through your mom and dad. You all are such examples of strength. Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalm 18:6

    I called to the Lord in my distress, and I cried to my God for help. From His temple he heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears.

    Praying for Zoe right now, knowing that the prayers of many are reaching His ears on Zoe's and your behalf. May you find rest in Him today and the days ahead. Zoe is always in my prayers.

    Love, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails