Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Reports From The Astro's Game

I just heard from Robbie last night, who confirmed what Brooke told me today.

1) Chris Sampson is your new favorite baseball player. Maybe all of you all could say a prayer for him and his wonderful wife, Heather. Heather made a flyer for the players to explain the meet and greet. The Astros told her she couldn't distribute it at the lockers. Heather did anyway.

2) Robbie showed up with his crew of 20, which, from my blog research included both of his brothers and a bunch of kids. They were childrenAs we mentioned earlier, Robbie took both of his brothers - Brian wrote about his experience here (who confirmed that to him, at least, the 'Stros was his fave team), and Chris is mentioned in this guy- Donald Zimmerman's - blog.

3) The kids who came, along with Ryan and Robbie's, had been through some real trials. So when they met 15!!!! Astros, including your favorite baseball player Chris Sampson, including Lance Berkman, including Cecil Cooper and his staff...wow. I'll get some pictures up soon.

4) Notice how no one mentions Zoe at all. How cool is it that God will use all of us in our way and that He will get the glory.

5) Zoe is mentioned by Robbie in his blog here.

One prayer that scares me a little is to pray to God to use me. Because when I do, without fail, and usually that day, He does. That's the one prayer I can think of that just always is answered that day.

I am so proud of my daughter, my family, and my friends. Brooke, Heather & Chris Sampson, and yeah...Robbie. All used by God to do some pretty incredible things.

Zoe's crying upstairs right now, Day 146. God's used her every day. I pray we all can say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails