Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Why?

I asked this question months ago. Last Friday, a friend was in my office, looking at Zoe as she snored, asking the same question.

The answer is simple - not easy. And it's harder to confront now that I know Zoe's smile and the color of her big eyes. Harder to think about now that I don't wake up at 3 in a terror to see if she's breathing. (Now I wake up and stumble to make a bottle, with little or no thinking).

The answer is that God can change hearts - even the hearts of those we thought were forever hardened. That God can change lives. And that Zoe's life is not unlike mine or any other follower of Christ - one where we are being used to transform a world seemingly jaded and hardened to hope. Zoe's life has brought families together and made us all consider how precious each minute is. It's a life lived in the Master's arms and likely, lived more purely and close to the Savior than I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails