Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Toughing it out

Hi everyone. I talked to the Ironman, Michael Hennessey. His knee is really hurting him, but he just wants to know if the pain he's experiencing will result in permanent damage. He's trying to get some help to get an MRI - since right now, he's between insurances.

I asked him what this meant for his quest, and he said it was really a matter of dealing with pain and just working through it.

So, if the Ironman can tough it through a marathon and 140 miles of biking and 2.5 miles of swimming with a painful knee, I'll tough it through my stuff, too. How about you all?

I talked to my friend once when she was upset. She was in tears and she just said it was so frustrating to be a pawn at work. She told me how it hurt, how it was a big mess.

I told her that she's got to get up. Right? You got to get up. You fall down, you get up. That's what we do. Right Michael? Right, Zoe? Get up.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I'm praying for you, Michael! Hope your knee heals and your mission of hope can continue...prayers for your family also!
    love from Deirdre (not running, but on my knees in prayer)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails