Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What To Pray For

A new friend asked me what I'm praying for and I confessed what I've kind of confessed to you all - praying for complete healing for my daughter is so hard for me.

I think Zoe has been about me absolutely submitting my will to God's, absolutely seeking His will.

Much like when the phone rang tonight at 7:49. A coach from Kellen's school, Living Word, called to tell me that Kellen had a bad injury. He said Kellen was refusing to get into the ambulance. I talked to Kellen. He said he wanted me to come and get him. I spoke to the Fire Department representative and he said he was pretty sure Kellen had broken his leg.

My thought process: 1) guilt (should have been there) 2) I can do nothing to protect my children 3) not his leg. please. not his leg.

I drove my car onto the field and they helped me carry my giant son into the car. Guess where our next stop was?

Children's Hospital Wisconsin.

I wish I could explain to you how tied up into knots I get going by the EXIT to Children's. But, there we were, pulling up to the emergency room.

Almost 5 hours later, after X-Rays, we were heading back out to the car. Bad contusion. Crutches.

But no broken leg.

To pray for Kellen's health and his leg was natural. It's just as easy for me to pray for Zoe's health and heart.

It's just that complete healing is so inconceivable to me. Perhaps that makes me Sarah, laughing at God's limitations. And by no means follow my lead here. Pray hard, pray without ceasing. Pray for Zoe however you are led.

I wish it was as easily resolved as Kellen's broken leg.

3 comments:

  1. gosh, that must have been a fright!Get well soon Kellen! keeping you all in my thoughts :0) Barb Melb. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is heavy for you and your family. As much as one can without having a child with Trisomy 18, I think understand your struggle with what to pray for. I do believe God can heal miraculously. I'd want to pray for that for too. I think, though, that in your situation I'd have the very normal human reaction of wondering if God was going to do that for Zoe. Sometimes God heals by His divine hand. Sometimes He doesn't.

    Please know that I'm praying for you, asking God to wrap His arms around you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said, "A new friend asked me what I'm praying for and I confessed what I've kind of confessed to you all - praying for complete healing for my daughter is so hard for me."

    And so, dearest friends, she has been completely healed, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails