Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh My Soul





The Call performed by Josh

Found out today that my brother-in-law Josh is battling some true problems with his heart. He's in the hospital now, and the experts say he's experienced at least two heart attacks. Josh is 22. He's the guy I talked about here, who opened for Robbie when Robbie Seay sang for Zoe last year.

I don't know about anything. If any of you had your money on "Greg" in "person most likely to have a heart attack," turns out you were wrong. And that's with the two or three hours of sleep and the kids and the kid and the exes and the divorces and the agency pressures. Nope. Wasn't me.

If you had "Greg" in the "person most likely to break into tears spontaneously," then you can probably collect. We're all so fragile. We're all so strong. Zoe's lying in her car seat next to me, oblivious to liver cancers, heart attacks and financial strife. I'm thinking the way Zoe sees it, she's got very few problems in her life, except her mom and dad won't stay awake with her. And she can't figure out why. Zoe of the condition incompatible with life. Fragile Strong Zoe.

My father, the one with the ugliest liver at least one doctor has seen, called on the spiritually hungry at Brown County Mental Health Center this Sunday. He talked to me on the phone tonight, because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't talk to my dad at times like these. "You can't bear this," he warned, "this isn't for you to bear." Fragile Strong Bat.

Fragile? Not sure. Strong...yes. But slightly frazzled. That's Jen. Packing lunches and trying to match socks while she gets her three hours of sleep and operates as the rock-type at the hospital for the Popes.

And then there's Josh. Kellen was telling me tonight that Josh held Selah as a baby, has been friends - a brother, even - longer than his little brothers.

Robbie sang this at Zoe's concert last year. It is, as far as I know...the only recording of Robbie singing this song. Thank you Robbie.



When clouds veil sun
And disaster comes
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rise
And hope takes flight
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go

When clouds brought rain
And disaster came
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rose
And hope had flown
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills hope
Perfect love that never lets go

Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, what love, oh, what love
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You?re the same
Oh, You never let go

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails