Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

True Truths

So. Zoe's sleeping here, back to eating. Fever gone since Sunday. Doc says she's up one pound in one week! They're cutting back on her Clonodine patch...really liking how things are going.

I'm fully hoping - hoping - planning - to take her to Florida with me for Easter. Because we definitely need to drive away from this place. Please don't ask zackly how I'm going to GET to Florida, but details, details.

So...isn't it awesome to not have much to report? Ok, yes. Jen and I are exhausted, still trying to unpack while we work insane schedules. It's a whole other blog.

And...distracted. Look at this from today's My Utmost For His Highest:

The greatest difficulty spiritually is to concentrate on God, and His blessings are what make it so difficult. Troubles almost always make us look to God, but His blessings tend to divert our attention elsewhere.

Or to quote Kirk Franklin: "Some of y'all wouldn't pray unless something was happening to you."

Right Sam? Wait 'til you hear Sam P's story! Coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Oh it blesses me so much to read what you write here this evening. I am loving Zoe thriving and gaining weight and just living her little life without crisis. I continue praying for you and Jen to find some rest in the midst of moving and unpacking and working. God brought our Zoe through the storm of her life, not without worry and suffering, but he did it. He will do the same for you and Jen, I just know it. It truly is a fine line of balance to keep focus on God while the blessings draw our attention elsewhere. We are all a work in progress, going forward, learning as we go with Him. I know He loves all of you dearly and is holding tight to the reigns. I am looking forward to hearing Sam P's story. I will continue to pray Gods balance for your family and for Florida at Easter.

    Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great reading this, seeing that your family is getting back to a little bit of normal (and health). I hope things continue to be so calm that you have to struggle for blog-worthy writing material.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails