Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

DO NOT STOP PRAYING

I'm reading many of your blog comments and if you'll allow me to guide your thoughts and prayers, let me help you with this reality: there will not be a miracle where Zoe lives.

The miracle is that she came at all. An inordinate proportion of babies with her condition never are born. Zoe won round 1.

I can tell you that when someone with the experience, heart and resume of Dr. Basir, who works at a top 5 children's hospital in the country, looks you in the eyes, and apologetically, but still firmly, tells you your daughter is not going to live, you accept that.

When you sit at a table with 8 medical professionals who are discussing the coming days and the path to Zoe's return to her Father, it puts out any hope of a miracle. And honestly, I'm thankful for it. It helps us to refocus and to accept the reality of what is to come.

I ask you all to do that, too. Zoe's not going to make it. They've begun removing monitors from her - no more pulse/ox, no more renal, no more iv's with medicine. We've told them not to intubate her, and not to use invasive means to revive her. We're doing that out of love and care for our daughter, our very own daughter.

Our prayers have turned from miracles to : come quickly. Come quickly. I talked to Jen last night and her prayer, through tears, is that God comes and takes our little girl home quickly. This is for Zoe, and for her mom and dad.

Don't stop praying.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Greg, Jen & family. I am praying for you all. The blessing is meeting your daughter and forever being changed because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Dear Greg and family,
    My heart aches for you as I read of your trials and tribulations with your beautiful little Zoe. May her journey into heaven be as peaceful as possible. You are in my deepest thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Many thoughts and prayers I send your way. For all of you. Take each precious moment and hold it dear. Our God is a merciful God, a loving God. He will send comfort. Zoe is a blessing. Though she may only be here for a short while she has already touched the hearts of so many. Allow God to be your comfort and help you find peace.

    ML

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails