Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Why Phil Vischer Emailed Me

Jen: just stirred, asking for a backrub
Z: comfortable. pulse 129

Phil Vischer has a new idea. It's not a big idea. Or better put, it's starting little with hopes and dreams of becoming big. He's been rolling the idea out on his blog.

I responded to one of his posts by challenging him on his idea. Basically, he was explaining how he was going to start a Nickleodeon. I told him that TV as we know it is dead. Why not make a web platformed video site...and then track what was successful? You could even make DVDs based on views and popularity....

And Phil emailed back! :) Since his email screener had already answered me, I'm sure it was him.


He wrote...

Thanks, Greg!
That's exactly where we're headed. Whether I can pull it off or not,
of course, is another matter entirely!
Phil



AS you can see, Phil and I are on a first-name basis. I think the cool thing is that I just was promoted to be the head of web/video and web video at my company. So maybe Phil and I can take this thing further. I'll email him and find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails