Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Zoe's Baptism

Using nothing but water and the word, I answered Jesus' command to all of us and baptized Zoe this morning.

When God takes the simplest things and makes them beautiful He shows his awesome Love and creative power. He took something normal and changed it into something incredible. It was water in a styrofoam coffee cup. But it was a promise offered by Eternal God that beckoned Z into His family.

So close my eyes and hold my heart
Cover me and make me something
Change this something normal
Into something beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Psalms 5:1-6
    1 Open your ears to my words, O LORD. Consider my innermost thoughts. 2 Pay attention to my cry for help, my king and my God, because I pray only to you. 3 In the morning, O LORD, hear my voice. In the morning I lay my needs in front of you, and I wait.

    Praise to God for our precious sister in Christ, Zoe Elizabeth! May God Himself grant her strength and healing. And to Greg, Jen and the rest of us - patience and peace as we wait on the Lord concerning her health. She is in good hands - I hear her Physician is the best.(!)

    With love and continued prayers,
    Renee and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Dearest Zoe,
    I know you are to little to understand what has happened with your Baptism, but I want to welcome you into the Kingdom of God. You have been Blessed. God gave you the best he had Jen and Greg for parents. They will nurture your faith and always guide and protect you. Welcome Baby Girl!!
    Love Nancy aka Birdy(long story)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails