Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Concert Afterglow



The concert went off without a hitch, and I'm genuinely basking in the afterglow. Not good right now at forming words except to say it was a peace-filled and truly unique experience. Some nuggets....

-Josh, Zoe's Uncle, opened. He was - is - ridiculously great. He's truly gifted and I'm proud to know him, let alone listen to him perform. Josh has a contract with Rhodium Records, and his CD is coming out at the end of summer. Stay tuned for the big rollout of his website and CD.

-Robbie Seay left last night to get to Green Bay. He did an interview on morning radio this morning and my little sister called in to thank him. He began a neat discussion of how "crazy" the Batiansilas are. Especially Greg's mom. He spoke about Jen and Zoe and Trisomy (although he admitted he was going to "butcher" the name of her condition and called it "Trisinosis.")

-For anyone who reads this: Robbie Seay is a true man of God and he and his band are some special people. Best of all, to me, is that he is a really great musician to boot. My friend Sap is a music snob and he was really impressed with the band - particularly Taylor, the guitarist. A number of people got a U2 vibe off of Taylor, but I hear a lot of Explosions in the Sky. I will hereby and forthwith change my advice on Robbie's music from "Buy" to "Strongly Suggest You Buy This Today."

-Each of my kids had an individual Robbie story to share. He spent time with each kid and they were all really touched by him.

-I'm so grateful and happy for my family. For Jenny and the kids. For my in-laws and my sisters.

-Zoe's 109 days old.

- Jen and I got to sing a few things and Jen was stunning, as usual. If you've ever heard Jen sing "breathe," you know what I'm talking about.

- We're going to try and assemble a concert video that will be available in the coming months. I'm not sure where it will be available or any details, but I'll let you know as it gets made.


-More as I assemble my thoughts and words. I'll just afterglow for now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:06 PM

    as long as we're talking vibes - josh reminded me a bit of ben folds at times.

    also i take issue with your 'explosions in the sky' comment. as a music snob myself i can only say "you are mistaken, sir" in my best english gentleman's voice [cleans monocle].

    but it really was a great show and a great celebration for zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that the concert was everything you hoped for and more. Such a wonderful cause for a little miracle girl who is 109 days old. And I am especially thankful that your family was so very blessed. I continue to pray for Zoe each day and I know the Lord has big plans for this little girl. Just trust Him.
    "Afterglow is a good place to be."
    Love, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails