Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Talking With Trisomy's Ironman

Michael Hennessey's wife, Janelle stumbled across the Batblog and wrote a comment a few months ago. I went to Michael's site and was amazed and intrigued by what he is doing. I've done a lengthy - but really informative - interview with him. Please take it in.

If I was more of a newsman, I'd lead with Hennessey's brief take on medicine's stance on Trisomy. But I'll leave that for you to read. Instead...here's an interview excerpt:

I tell ya, you have to trust
Jesus to take a leap of faith especially on the
financial front. At the same time it is fun, and
humbling to see how He has worked so far.
So finally I will just say there are so many families
out there going through a pregnancy with a trisomy
baby or delivering one and they are simply on their
own to figure out what best to do for their precious
precious baby.

We hope that they know they are not
alone-in the unknowns, and the struggles, that there
are people out there that care, not because their
child may die, but because their child IS and we
celebrate that! We as a society can get so involved in
our own little worlds and the only time that we get
involved with a cause is when we are directly affected
by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails