Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Zoe Update. Day 112

I think everyone is starting to count on Zoe making it another day. I think that's a healthy, positive and trusting thought. We are a little anxious about it just because we're still in the first six months, of which only 90% of Trisomy 18 children escape. It's hard to be completely relaxed and confident. In fact, it would be ignorant to think that.

Then again, Jen and I are more convinced that the 90% number is skewed. That's 90% of the unaborted, uninduced labor babies that live past 6 months. As mentioned earlier, we're grateful that we did not have an amnio performed, not just for our sake, but because medicine treated Zoe like a normal baby while in her mom and during delivery. Otherwise, we most certainly would not have 112 days with her.

Zoe is scooting and trying to roll. She's not very comfortable. I mean that not in the medical "she's uncomfortable, let's sedate her" way, but in the way she can't get herself in to a perfectly restful spot, so she keeps changing what side of her head is lying down. I think if she could, she'd be turning the pillow over, too.

Zoe also has managed to get her hands set to hold her own bottle. I wasn't sure if it was intentional until Jen told me she had done the same thing for her.

Yesterday was a "lazy breathing" day...where she kind of drags her way through breathing, lazily, and so we try to move her around so she'll regulate her breaths.

As Zoe grows and gets older, we're all more and more happy to know her. She helps us realize how much of our wonder of this life is wrapped up and retarded or delayed by a sinful expectation that everything will always be the way it is.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Thank you, Jen, for giving me new insight to the "air I breathe" song - it was beautiful. Zoe truly is a beautiful little girl, and I felt so honored that she held my hand the other night...

    Praise to God that Zoe indeed is living, growing, and truly defying the "odds".

    I continue to pray for her and all of you.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header with Zoe's picture atop. Thank you and God Bless this Angel.
    Cathy & Annabel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails