Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heart Aches

Please pray for Nathan and Carol. My sister has just heard from a friend who knows them. My sister's friend writes:

Some of you may recall my sharing several months ago that a young couple in our congregation had been told that one of the twins being carried by the mother was diagnosed with a chromosomal abnormality and some physical problems. Friday this couple learned that their baby--a little boy--has Trisomy 18 (the same condition as Deirdre's niece Zoe). The other baby, a girl, appears to be fine. Please continue keeping this family--Nathan and Carol and their 2-year-old son Paul-- in your prayers. Their babies are due in September.

There have been times I've searched through the Bible for help. Typed in the word "comfort" in the search blank of www.biblegateway.com. What comes up might, at first, seem unsettling:

1 Comfort, comfort my people,
says your God.

2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the LORD's hand
double for all her sins.


That's it? No "I'm going to take away the things that hurt them"? No "Don't worry, it will pass"?

Nope.

Just God saying, I know the ending of the story, and it ends up with you in my arms. I have paid the price so that the story ends perfectly.

Our comfort is in the end of the story, not its 13th or 121st or 39th chapter.

3 comments:

  1. adding them to my list! ~ i think Zoe and your family will be a comfort and strength for this family ~ Barb in Melb. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 AM

    I read your blog every day to make check in on your beautiful little girl. And selfishly, perhaps to get a little idea what my baby girl might have been like. There are so few living Trisomy 18 baby girls at Zoe's age.

    I was pregnant with twin girls. Like your sister's friend's friends, we found out at about 20 weeks that one of our daughters had Trisomy 18. She died in utero three weeks later. Unfortunately this started my labor at 24 weeks, and my other daughter was born at 26 weeks, but that is another story. In any event, reading your blog gives me a little glimpse into what my little Rebecca might have looked like, might have been like. And I root every day for Zoe and for you and your wonderful dedicated (and exhausted) wife.

    This couple will be in our prayers - we have been there. We will pray that the baby makes it to term - we so prayed for ANY amount of time with our baby girl. I would have taken any amount of time - anything. I was devastated even to lose the rest of the pregnancy with her. I so envy you and your family, even while I know it is not easy in so many ways.

    May God continue to bless you all,
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila (and everyone else who has been praying),

    I am the friend of Nathan and Carol who first passed on this prayer request via my friend Deirdre. I am so sorry to say that what happened to you has happened to Carol, in her case at 31 weeks. Nathan and Carol's babies were born yesterday, August 1, by C-section. Ruth Marie, 4 lbs, 6 oz, 17 in, is doing fine and will be in NICU for several weeks. Her twin brother Eli Joseph, 2 lbs, 1 oz, 13.5 inches, is now in the arms of His Saviour. We rejoice with Nathan and Carol in the birth of their babies and the certainty of Eli's salvation, but we mourn with them that they will not get to know and enjoy their baby boy this side of Heaven. Please pray for them in this very difficult time.

    Greg and Jen, I passed along your blog address to Nathan and Carol but don't know if they have ever visited. They have been going through so much in the last few weeks and I'm sure are overwhelmed. I do know they appreciate all who have kept them in prayer. God bless you for continuing to share your journey with Zoe and the blessing she has been to your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails