Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Zoe! Zoe! Zoe!




At first I was going to name this entry "Diehard V", starring Zoe B.
The last 24 hours have been filled with a lot of wailing on her part,
culminating in a visit to Dr. Estill.

Dr. Estill has told us these facts:
1. Zoe weighs 6 pounds 7 ounces. (I think that puts her up a weight class)
2. She has tummy troubles, which is making her uncomfortable.
We have a strategy for that.
3. Dr. Estill has told us to start setting up regular appointments.

When we first met with her, she told us to hold off on making appointments. (Reason being: No need to book a one and three month if you're not going to be around one or three months.)

But the more I think about it, especially since I just saw the TV edit of
it last night, is Rocky. The underdog's underdog. Rocky is special because he knows the truth. He has realistic goals.

INT. ROCKY'S APARTMENT - DAY

Rocky arrives at his apartment... Adrian is asleep on the couch. He lowers himself beside her. Her eyes open.

ROCKY
... Can't do it.

ADRIAN
... What?

ROCKY
... I can't beat him.

ADRIAN
Apollo?

ROCKY
Yeah, I can't beat him.

Adrian touches his face.

ROCKY
I been watchin' the movies --
studyin' -- He ain't weak
nowhere.

ADRIAN
What're we going to do?

ROCKY
... I dunno.

98.


ADRIAN
Oh, Rocky -- you worked so hard.

ROCKY
It ain't so bad, 'cause I was
a nothin' before --

ADRIAN
Don't say that.

ROCKY
C'mon, it's true -- But that
don't bother me -- I just
wanna prove somethin' -- I
ain't no bum... It don't
matter if I lose... Don't
matter if he opens my head...
The only thing I wanna do is
go the distance -- That's all.
Nobody's ever gone fifteen
rounds with Creed. If I go
them fifteen rounds, an' that
bell rings an' I'm still
standin', I'm gonna know then
I weren't just another bum
from the neighborhood...

The fight is on. We have seen all the facts, and we've heard all of the doctors.
Zoe's blocking 80% of the blows. You're just starting to feel sorry for -

ANOTHER ANGLE

COMMENTATOR #1
The Champ stings the slower
challenger with jabs at
will -- Balboa blocks eighty
percent of the blows with his
face -- Creed doesn't look the
best he's ever been but is
moving smoothly -- Creed snaps
out a triple combination that
backs Balboa into a corner --
oh, a solid hook by Creed, a
master of fist-men.

COMMENTATOR #2
The Champion is smiling and
toying with the man -- trying
to give the fans their money's
worth and make a show of it
with the badly out-classes
challenger -- Another left to
right combination. I feel
sorry for --

COMMENTATOR #1
Creed is down!!!

ANOTHER ANGLE

Rocky suddenly explodes with an upswing hook to the jaw.
Creed is dropped. The arena EXPLODES. Creed's eyes show
disbelief. So do Rocky's.

Rocky backs into his corner... Mickey and Mike yell at him.

MICKEY
You can do it! *&^%$#$#, you
got the power! The body, get
the body!!! Ya got him goin'!

REFEREE
Six!... Seven!... Eight!...

So chant it with me. Zoe. Zoe. Zoe. 66 days in. She's going the distance.
Cuz no one's ever gone the distance.
She knows she can't beat him. She just wants to be standing when the bell rings.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Zoe is an angel. Meeting her has opened my eyes to many things I have been afraid to discover...God.

    Thank you for the presence in my life and for the music I found on your blog.

    Thank you Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Zoe! Zoe! Zoe!... fight baby girl. You have so many behind you and your mommy and daddy. We are praying for you. You teach me everyday that though this life is hard we must fight. So we cheer for you dear Zoe as you make it another round...

    Zoe! Zoe! Zoe!

    God's precious Zoe!

    many prayers
    ML

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:52 AM

    We have been chanting since DAY ONE!
    ZOE! ZOE! ZOE!

    The Maziarka Fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe IS going the distance for the Lord. She is such a true little fighter and is showing me how to do each day on Gods strength and not my own. I pray for her and for you too as you sit on the sidelines cheering her on. I know it isn't easy for you at times, but you will be the first to see her standing when the bell rings. Bless your family today.

    Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails