Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hope Has Found Me

I pulled up to Living Word Lutheran High School and my oldest three filed out. Once we pulled away, I killed the stereo and told them what my friend Erika had told me.

People at Avicom and some of Avicom's clients and my church and my family and friends...and I don't know who else...are uniting to do something special for us. They want to help us by raising funds. The tab to the right was something created by members of Jen's family and I put the name "Zoe Means Life" on it. It sounds right. I think they're sticking with that name.

I told the big kids my quandary. I don't get help, I help. We talked about how little we felt like we needed help. How we could instantly think of people that we should be helping instead.

And then I told them that this is my moment of clarity - these people want to help. And God is behind it. And we're not going to get in the way.

Those big three kids and I have been through our share. Our share of addresses and trials. We've seen some of the hardest trials in the past few months. And now, I told them, God is moving. He's moving, so watch this. Enjoy.

I just started to name right here all the people...all of you from everyone at Avicom, Erika to Julia. What can I tell you? That you thought of me honors me. Whatever happens honors Him.

Starting Over
by Robbie Seay Band

Clouds are gathering
Closing in it seems
Why can’t I move?
You circle overhead
With Your love instead, beckoning

Now hope has found me
I am not alone
Now hope has found me
I am not disowned
And when I think it’s over
I am not alone
When you think it’s over
You can start it over

You, Your peace within my soul
Mercy You have shown
Though trials come
You, You’re calling me to climb
Up this mountain side
Here I go, here I go

You calling me back home
It’s Your voice I know, beckoning

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails