Pages

Saturday, April 05, 2008

We're Just Stuck On The Ground For A Little While

Saturday Morning. Woken up every 2.5 hours last night by a hungry Zoe. In the old days that would have been torture. But you find a different energy. Zoe'll do that to you. She beat the world another night, and her eyes get to see a blue sky sunny day.

Ethan's begging me to wear shorts. Aidan's in Packer garb, including the helmet. Last time Ethan wore it and he played football against Aidan. Ethan was the Packers. Aidan was Spiderman. Kellen says Spiderman crushed the Packers.

Andreas called from the highway. He slept on a bench at Midway Airport until the rental car place opened. He said it was a really comfortable bench.

A couple hours of sleep and a cup of coffee and some Mandisa jacked up because there's breath in everyone's lungs here.

And last night's tears, yesterday's long visits with the doctor were only the world. Only the world. Anyone feel me?

Only The World
by Mandisa

Been a hard one, Been a bad one
Been a tough one, Been a sad one
It's been one of those days that keeps chipping away at my heart
Nothing new here, It's what I do here
its a stereotypical day, in the life
I'm surrounded by all of the pain and the strife
but I know it's alright, woah oh

Cause it's only the world i'm living in (hhhmm)
It's only today i've been given
There ain't no way i'm giving in
Cause it's only the world (oh cause it's only the world)
I know the best is still yet to come
Cause even when my days in the world are done
There's gonna be so much more than only the world for me (so much more, much more)
do do do do do do do do do, yeah its only the world (o cause its only the world)

Anybody can you hear me?
Do you feel me? I mean, do you feel me?
I know I'm not the only one wearing the weight of this world
We got problems (said it's alright)
Just remember (yeah, it's alright)
Take a good look around we're just stuck on the ground for a little while
Don't it make you smile

Cause it's only the world i'm living in (Yeah)
It's only today i've been given (given, given)
There ain't no way i'm giving in
Cause it's only the world ( o cause its only the world)
I know the best is still yet to come (yet to come)
Cause even when my days in the world are done (days are done)
There's gonna be so much more than only the world for me (o cause its only the world)
do do do do do do do do do, yeah its only the world (its only the world Yeah)
do do do do do do do do do, yeah its only the world(Oh it's only the world)

Heaven is a place where the tears on every face will be wiped away
Oh And I can't wait to go, but for now it's enough to know
This is only temporary this is only, Yeah, Alright!
Oh its only the only the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails