Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

what's coming

In a few hours i'll wake up and we'll take zoe through what the weathermen predict to be 1-2 inches of snow to Children's Hospital. We'll meet with the surgical team, the anesthesiologist, Zoe will get tests, and we'll have to revise our DNR to reflect our wishes for Zoe and this surgery.

Then, early in the morning on Tuesday, we'll go in for Zoe's surgery. We're told it will take around 3 hours.

I've run the gamut of emotions this weekend. Fear - I can't think past Tuesday to the rest of the week. Bargaining - why can't someone who has proven over and over again to fail like me take her place?

I'm so grateful to all of you for staying on for the ride. I'll keep you posted through the coming hours as to what's coming.

6 comments:

  1. Many prayers from Australia over the next few days as Zoe undergoes her surgery. Keep your eyes on Jesus and "never doubt in the darkness what He has shown you in the light".
    love Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know you, but read about your story on ripples of peace at blogger. I will be praying for you in the coming days and weeks! Let God comfort you...I know that is easy for me to say for I am not in your position. God does understand even though it may seem He doesn't at this time. There is nothing we go through on this earth that He too did not suffer. Remember what happened to His son Jesus.

    Love and Prayers
    Shannon "J"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:58 AM

    As always, with you in prayer.
    Keep clinging to Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been and will continue to pray for you and Zoe nonstop. It is comforting to some degree to know that God has the outcome already determined. I am praying for your fear and anxiety to be completely replaced by Gods Unconditional Peace that passes all of our understanding. He will have His hands on each and every finger that touches Zoe, guiding them and keeping her safe. You can count on me to pray you through Tuesday and every day beyond.

    Much Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loads of prayers for Zoe - coming right up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:34 AM

    My prayers are with Zoe and her family.
    The Blondie's Gramma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails